After 48 years of bliss, it was time to call it quits. Well, at least my gall bladder thought so. He decided we needed to part ways. Apparently, the high starch diet (bread, pasta, fufu, etc.) in Togo made him feel un-needed and under-utilized and he couldn’t bear another 20 months of me not eating fatty and unhealthy foods.
So, after four horribly painful arguments, we decided it was best for him to find his own path without me. Yes, I am devastated as it will be uncertain how my life will go on without him. Will sour cream, butter, rib-eye, candy, French pastries, mashed potatoes, ice cream, hamburgers, KFC fried chicken, donuts, potato chips, and the like be forever banned from my diet? Or even slightly reduced? What will I do? How can I possibly go on without my gall bladder? Darn you for leaving me! You selfish, selfish gall bladder!
Ok, so I must move forward with the healing process.
First, the divorce (will find out the exact date this morning). Out he goes. No more pain.
I shall recuperate for a few days in Washington D.C. but then hopefully return to my lovely home in Redondo Beach for the healing process to become complete. My friends will comfort me, Target beckons me, and all will be good.
Will get a final “okie dokie” stamp of approval from the folks in D.C. and back to Togo I shall go! I really am looking forward to returning to my home in Sokodé, to seeing my homologues, to seeing the people around town, and especially to seeing all the PC volunteers and staff (oh, how I miss you so).
No comments:
Post a Comment