Friday, October 8, 2010

Nomination Acceptance

Step 1 - Application - complete
Step 2 - Interview - complete
Step 3 - Nomination - complete
Step 4 - Medical review
Step 5 - Accept Invitation
Step 6 - Prep and Depart

I decided: Latin America, Business Development, leave early March!

Now I must learn Spanish!  I am expected to have completed the equivalent of a full year of Spanish in college by the time I depart.

Yo no se (I don't know)
Donde esta el bano?  (Where is the bathroom?)
Que? (What?)

I will be receiving my Medical packet in the mail within two weeks and I will go to get poked and prodded by my various doctors.  The quicker I can finish the paperwork and let them do their okie-dokie, the sooner I will know which country I will be headed into.

Possible countries are: Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Guyana, Suriname, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, or Paraguay.

Business Development involves the service of planner, coordinator, teacher, facilitator, and trainer.  I will provide technical assistance to enhance the host country nationals' basic understanding of business and free market economics.

I'm not sure if I know how to do that in English and certainly not in Spanish.

I have much to do and my head is spinning.

2 comments:

  1. Interview on Wednesday, 10/6....one hour into interview you are accepted....two days later you officially accept the nomination and are planning to move to Latin America in 5 months.... and you wonder why your head is spinning!?! The adventure begins and I am along for the ride. I am so proud and excited for you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tra. I hope you'll come visit me so I can show you the proper way to squat. :-) I love you.

    ReplyDelete