Sunday, October 24, 2010

Status

Hola!

Here's the latest update...
  1. I received my Medical and Dental forms on Monday, October 18.
  2. Got my eyeglass prescription form completed in the event that I break or lose my glasses.
  3. The best dentist in the world (Dr. Wong 323.464.5555 - call him if you need a dentist!) and his staff (Kristin and Suzanne) helped me complete all my paperwork.  We took tons of pictures of my teeth.  I hope they look exactly the same upon my return!
  4. I have my mammogram tomorrow morning (ick).
  5. I have my physical, shots, etc. on November 2 (super ick).
Once I complete all of this, I send it back to the Peace Corps for their review.

THEN, I will hopefully get my invitation!

In the meantime, I am frantically learning espanol.  I am also figuring out all the logistics for my home, financial, etc.

Tonight, I've been invited to attend an annual Peace Corps "Bon Voyage" party in Pasadena.  It's a potluck and I made a salad that's supposed to be common in Ecuador.  It looks really pretty but I have no idea if it tastes like what it's supposed to taste like!

I've also been asked to be interviewed by NPR for a "potential article on the Peace Corps" sometime.

xo,
Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment